When it comes to outdoor living, there’s nothing more enjoyable than spending time with family and friends. A deck is an ideal space for catching some fresh air and taking in the sights of your property. If you’ve ever wanted to upgrade your home’s exterior but didn’t know where to start, a custom deck design may be just what you need.
Top Deck Design Ideas
At FSBD, we have experience in building custom decks and providing designs to our clients that not only add value to the home, but deliver the function and elevated details that set your deck apart from others.
Some ideas to consider:
- Design: The size and shape of your deck are critical in maximizing the space.
- Incorporating different materials: You can use a combination of wood, composite, or even metal to create a unique look for your deck.
- Adding built-in seating: You can use incorporate seating on your deck with the same durable materials, or utilize the space under the deck for built-in benches or planters.
- Incorporating lighting: Adding built-in lighting to your deck for a warm and inviting atmosphere that you can use after sunset.
- Creating a focal point: Add a fireplace, water feature, or even a television to create a focal point on your deck.
- Multi-levels: Multiple levels to maximize space for entertaining and lounging. Distinguish the areas so you don’t have to choose.
Color and Textural Elements
When choosing the colors and texture for your deck, try to focus on elements that complement your home. For example, complementary colors look best against darker, natural wood tones. When it comes to texture, you have many options. FSBD builds decks using quality materials that suit your budget and lifestyle. You can choose to mix materials to give a real custom feel that is functional and beautiful. Maintaining the right blends of color and texture can be tricky if you’re not careful. FSBD will help you choose the best options for your budget to accomplish your goals.
Outdoor Living Area
There are countless ways to incorporate outdoor living spaces into your deck, from fire pits to built-in grills. Whether you want to create a space for dining or lounging, you’ll want to ensure your outdoor living area has enough space for entertaining. For example, considering a fire pit, it’s a good idea to calculate the maximum number of people you’d like to entertain.
Outdoor lighting can also help open up your outdoor living space and make it feel spacious. More innovative lighting controls, such as those offered by smart home devices, help you fine-tune your lighting to make your outdoor space feel expansive. Depending on the size and style of your home, it may be a good idea to add outdoor lighting to help illuminate your living space.
Seats and Table Space
Seating and table space are influenced by how you will utilize your deck. If you need separate areas on your deck for tables and chairs for dining or if you prefer a lounging space that’s less formal, we will talk through your options.
Accessories for Your Deck
Some products can help you transform your deck into an outdoor living area. From pergolas to grills, these items can add value to your home and make outdoor living more comfortable. Pergolas can help you create shade in your outdoor space while keeping the elevated design of the overall deck.
Whether you want to create a more spacious place for entertaining or a more intimate space, a custom deck design can help you achieve your goals. Try to keep in mind the things you enjoy doing in your backyard when working with us to design your deck, and you’re sure to end up with a space that suits your needs perfectly.
Learn more about building a deck with First State Building & Design